“A great many people think they are thinking
when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.”
[ William James ]
In this coaching block, you will develop the fundamental skills of statement classification, research, analysis, and argument. You’ll find that these skills are tools for better communication, healthier relationships, and smoother navigation in all areas of life.
- Handle Statements • Systematically and automatically categorize statements, distinguishing among facts, falsehoods, theses, beliefs, and opinions.
- Find it Out (Research) • Conduct effective research in order to gain knowledge about a topic, verify a matter of fact, or provide evidence for a thesis.
- Figure it Out (Analysis) • Conduct effective analysis in order to gain understanding, derive meaning, and form conclusions about a complex matter.
- Reason it Out (Argument) • Argue, and ultimately persuade, with reason and passion and without prejudice or undue emotion.
- Examine Everything • Bring together the skills of research, analysis, and debate in order to properly examine and respond to information and arguments.
Guided Coaching • Foundations
Develop fundamental critical thinking skills to achieve smoother navigation in all areas of life.