“To live is to suffer; to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.”
[ Friedrich Nietzsche ]
No one needs a course on suffering, because we all live it. What we need, though, is to understand why we suffer, to trust that there will be an end to it, and to imagine life without it.
The story of suffering includes some of the biggest questions of life, and this is what this course covers:
- Why is there suffering?
- How and when will suffering end?
- What happens when we die?
- What’s the deal with hell?
- What’s the deal with heaven and eternity?
- What do we do until then?